By Amit Arora
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge is already proving to be something worth waiting for, and although it won’t be seen until the early 2nd quarter of 2017 you just may want to wait. Sammy is looking to further themselves as being an elite smartphone manufacturer, and taking the Edge concept to the next level is something we’re fully expecting.
The Galaxy S8 Edge will be the third curved release in the popular S model series, and based on what we’re already hearing we’re all in for a real treat. The new concept looks to integrate everything unique including giving us more viewing angles and better productivity right on the display. We can all expect to see a slightly larger screen, more speed, more internal memory, more expandable options, faster processor, and much more.
This preview details all on the upcoming launch including all there is to know on the new Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge rumors, specs, features, concept, price, preorder, and release date info are all detailed below.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Rumors
One of the biggest Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge rumors is the idea of a foldable concept. We’ve been hearing about this coming for a couple of years now, and new rumors suggest the foldable design may be seen in the new S8 Edge. Sammy officially announced a foldable flagship will be introduced in 2017 which has further added fuel to the fire.
A foldable smartphone would integrate not one, but two displays with a bi-fold in the middle of each. While this concept is truly unique, it’s not likely to make its way to the Edge, but instead is likely to be a new flagship introduced in 2017. Early rumors on the S8 Edge show us an amazing handset, which is why many analysts believe it will definitely be one of the best smartphones of 2017.
Other rumors that we’ve been hearing is that the price of the new S8 Edge will be less than initially thought. Early reports had the S8 Edge price topping the $1000 mark for those in the US, but again, this is highly unlikely. Expect to see a launch price in the same range as the GS6 and GS7 Edge which will mean a full-price of about $900 USD, and 820 Euro.
Consumers in smaller markets will be happy to know the new Galaxy S8 Edge will be making its way to a store near you much sooner. One of the biggest faults with previous launches is that consumers in smaller markets had to wait a couple 2-3 months after the launch in larger markets such as the UK, US, Germany, and others. With a higher rate of production expected, Sammy is looking to push more handsets out before the actual launch which should mean minimal delays, and ultimately, more markets upon the worldwide launch.
Other rumors we’ve hearing is better security with an ultra-responsive eye scanner, 4K display, true octa-core processor, and much more. Continue on for the latest info on specs, features, price, and release date info based on the most consistent rumors to-date.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Specs
The Samsung Galaxy S8 specs suggest we’re looking at a refined S7 Edge, but the new components including ultra responsive eye sensing technology, faster wireless and rapid charging, and a higher surround quality will be welcomed additions.
The Edge controls are also expected to become more functional sensitivity controls for swipe that will help reduce accidental bumps a well as make them more responsive. We’re also expecting to get a whole lot more packed into a slightly larger frame as the screen is rumored to be 5.3 inches while sporting a true 4K display with a resolution of 4096 x 2160. Other rumored specs include a much bigger battery, dual micro SD card slots, front and rear Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and an octa-core processor clocked at 3.2GHz.
All details on the Galaxy S8 Edge specifications are detailed below.
|Specifications||Galaxy S8 Edge Specs|
|Camera Features||Optical image stabilization, auto laser focus, HDR, geo tagging, facial recognition|
|Camera – Front||8.1 Megapixels|
|Camera – Rear||28 Megapixels|
|Colors||Black, gold, green, white|
|Features||Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, fingerprint scanner, retina eye scanner, wireless charging, rapid charging, mini projector|
|Memory||64 and 128 GB internal memory and expandable with dual micro SD cards|
|Operating System||Current Android operating system 2017|
|Price||$900 USD, 820 Euro – see below|
|Processor||Snapdragon Qualcomm octa-core 3.2 GHz processor|
|RAM||5 GB RAM|
|Release Date||April 2017 – See Below|
|Screen Display||5.3” 4K display with a 4096 x 2160 screen resolution|
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Features
Some of the highlight Galaxy S8 Edge features will extend on the S7 Edge including a much better eye scanner, 4K recording, amazing durability with a newer version of Gorilla Glass protection, and a much charging technology. Ultra rapid charging with the supplied wired charger is rumored to fully charge the handset from 0% to 100% in just over 30 minutes. Wireless charging will be a bit more, but at about 45 minutes it will be much better than the GS7 Edge.
Unfortunately, either the standard S8 or S8 Edge will be waterproof as the popular, rugged Active will once again debut in the new concept. We’re also hearing the new Edge will be compatible with the newest version of HTML mark-up, Bluetooth 5.0, and the latest version of the Android operating system preinstalled which will launch just months before.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Concept
Overall, the Galaxy S8 Edge concept will integrate the idea of creating a one mobile device that will literally do everything. Samsung is intent on integrating all the latest and greatest when it comes to mobile technology that will keep you connected to your vehicle and offer a wide array of mobile payment options. Enhanced security will be huge in the S8 Edge concept, especially considering the advances in Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
Expect to see a more durable surround as the newer Corning Gorilla Glass will be featured on both the front and rear of the handset. This will be significantly better than previous models in the Galaxy S series which was noted as inferior when comparing it to other flagships.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Price
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge price will be slightly more than the standard S8 as those here in the US can expect to see about a $50 difference. For the US launch, expect to see a price tag of about $850 which is significantly less than early speculation for an $1100 full purchase price. Other notable countries include England at 576 GBP, China at 5589 Yuan, Germany at 820 Euro, India at 58,000 Rupee, and Canada at just under 1200 Canadian dollar.
Below, we have all the pricing details on the Galaxy S8 Edge which we’re expecting to see on launch day broken down by country.
|Country||Galaxy S8 Edge Price|
|Australia||1236 Australian Dollar|
|Brazil||3090 Brazilian Real|
|Canada||1182 Canadian Dollar|
|China||5589 Chinese Yuan|
|Denmark||6122 Danish Krone|
|England||576 British Pound Sterling|
|Hong Kong||6978 Hong Kong Dollar|
|Hungary||252,272 Hungarian Forint|
|India||57,591 Indian Rupee|
|Indonesia||1,2141,450 Indonesian Rupiah|
|Japan||111,601 Japanese Yen|
|Nigeria||179,100 Nigerian Naira|
|Philippines||41,139 Philippine Peso|
|Poland||3398 Polish Zloty|
|Russia||56,404 Russian Ruble|
|Singapore||1238 Singapore Dollar|
|South Africa||11,426 South African Rand|
|South Korea||1,051,969 South Korean Won|
|Switzerland||870 Swiss Franc|
|Taiwan||28,498 New Taiwan Dollar|
|The Netherlands||820 Euro|
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Preorders
Preordering new smartphones is the best way to get the newest release on launch day, and this will be the best way to secure the new Edge on the April launch. All of the top carriers around the world will offer Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge preorders which should be announced shortly after the phones official announcement at MWC.
We’re already hearing consumers in the US with AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular will all be able to take advantage of presales, along with Vodafone, Rogers and many others. It’s also believed that Samsung will be giving away some add-ons for those who preorder the new handset, although this has yet to be confirmed. It will also be interesting to see if carrier specific colors will also be offered as the blue and green versions have become two of the most popular color options.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Release Date
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge release date will be made official at the MWC event which will start at the end of January 2017. The official announcement should confirm what we have been hearing, as the worldwide release of both the S8 and S8 Edge should be during the 2nd quarter of 2017. To give you a better idea, those in Asian markets such as South Korea and China should see both released to the public at the beginning of April, while others in Europe and the US will have to wait until the middle of the month.
This is pretty consistent with the newest Galaxy S8 Edge release date rumors as Samsung has been pretty consistent with the annual launch cycles that we’ve seen in previous models. The S6 Edge was the first, and launched worldwide in April while the Galaxy S7 Edge release date is believed to be the same month. If you’re looking for the S8 Active, you’ll have to wait a bit longer with a mid to late July 2017 launch expected.
We have all the latest rumors on when you will see the new S8 Edge at a retailer near you.
|Release Date by Country||Galaxy S8 Edge Release Date|
|Australia||3rd Week April 2017|
|Austria||3rd Week April 2017|
|Brazil||3rd Week April 2017|
|Canada||2nd Week April 2017|
|China||1st Week April 2017|
|Denmark||3rd Week April 2017|
|England||2nd Week April 2017|
|Finland||4th Week April 2017|
|France||3rd Week April 2017|
|Germany||3rd Week April 2017|
|Greece||3rd Week April 2017|
|Hong Kong||1st Week April 2017|
|Hungary||4th Week April 2017|
|India||2nd Week April 2017|
|Indonesia||3rd Week April 2017|
|Italy||3rd Week April 2017|
|Japan||1st Week April 2017|
|Nigeria||4th Week April 2017|
|Philippines||2nd Week April 2017|
|Poland||3rd Week April 2017|
|Russia||3rd Week April 2017|
|Singapore||3rd Week April 2017|
|South Africa||3rd Week April 2017|
|South Korea||1st Week April 2017|
|Spain||3rd Week April 2017|
|Sweden||3rd Week April 2017|
|Switzerland||3rd Week April 2017|
|Taiwan||1st Week April 2017|
|The Netherlands||4th Week April 2017|
|United States||2nd Week April 2017|
Wrapping up this Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Preview – Rumors, Specs, Features, Concept, Price, Preorder, and Release Date Info
The 2017 release of the Galaxy S8 is expected to exceed everything the S6 and S7 Edge will bring, but we’re hoping it will live up to the already huge expectations. Since the debut of the curved concept seen in the original Galaxy Note Edge, it has become increasingly popular with for both personal and business uses alike. With amazing 4K visuals, state of the art security, and speed that rivals some of the most advanced mobile devices.
Stay tuned for the most up-to-date rumors and confirmations as we’ll be bringing you the latest info. Many are saying the samsung galaxy s9 Edge will also be just like GS8 and samsung galaxy s9 Edge and GS8 be one of the best 2017 smartphones, and we fully agree. For more, check us out on Facebook to get instant updates delivered right to your FB inbox or be sure to check back often for more info on the Samsung Galaxy S8 rumors, specs, features, concept, price, and release date.
By Amit Arora
Well, there is always something more when you are about to buy a Samsung galaxy series. The most awaited one of this series “Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge” is on the top of the rim of every Smartphone buyer’s bucket list. Galaxy s8 Edge, the imminent phone is being the heart pounding phone for everyone out there, but buyer’s got to wait because this phone is not being launched until the first quarter of 2017.
To batter the market and make a remark as an elite smart phone company, Samsung is going to take all efforts they can and make the series even more enviable. So what can a user expect in the Samsung galaxy S8 sedge, surely there will be some features which were never really launched in any of the galaxy s series, as they always add more to every new one.
But how will this smart phone beat all the other competing Smartphone, what is the USP ?
Everyone is waiting to know what next and electrifying features this phone has to offer, the wait is making the target audience be even more impatient to know about it.
So here is a sneak peak of the features that a buyer can expect in Samsung Galaxy S8 edge
1) ‘ Extra’ is something we all prefer, the phone will not only have a better output but will also provide us with enhanced and more features like- extra internal memory, sky-scraping speed, Fast processor and even a larger screen.
2) According to the rumors Samsung galaxy s8 edge will be integrating the best of the best features, as after the incident of galaxy note 7 recalls they want their next launch to be more than ideal, foldable concept will be something that all the users can expect in this new phone, which will be assimilating not one but two screens that will have a bio fold in the focal point of each.
3) 4K screens, earlier Samsung believed that the 4k screens are way too mainstream, but according to the buzz, Samsung Galaxy S8 edge will have this feature too! Kyle Brown the head of the launch and content management of Samsung believed that the technology has revolution and will soon be in their favor.
4) Samsung says that this new series will also have an ‘Octa- core processor’, well this feature is setting this phone at the top of the desirable list as it make a fuss of that the phone will consists of a chip that will have all eight processor cores running concurrently.
5) Now to beat the competition completely Samsung is coming up with specs ( Ultra responsive eye scanner ) to give a more enhanced experience, even being more flexible about the sensitivity control, enabling the user to neglect any accidents of knocking in, giving augmented experience to their user’s.
6) To be trendy and to match the expectations of the virtual reality of the users, Samsung galaxy S8 edge will give you something that is unpredicted, a Gear VR headset, if Samsung is to put 4k screens this experience of gear VR headsets will work like the cherry on the cake, and who doesn’t want it? Well I am sure this feature is exceptional and will have a hard-hitting competition to all the other smart phone launches in the next year.
7) The company claims that this new smart phone will have a new transistor design which will positioned on the chip that will lead to 30% greater area efficiency and the user will get a 27% better performance delivery and even result in low power consumption, which will be approximately 40%.
8) 4Hz peak clock rates, Samsung is going to include this speed in the s8 edge Smartphone. What does it exactly means? Well if the phone has a 4Hz (Hertz) clock rate, the speed of the phone is 4000 clock cycles per second. The higher the clock rate the better it is as the processor runs faster and the CPU achieves in a given time.
9) According to the spread rumors the most likely feature that Samsung is running hard behind the two firms to get Exynos in the smart phone, so Samsung galaxy s8 edge will probably have an Nvidia inspired GPU, although it is a tough task as the launch is scheduled in the next year which is probably 6 months from now. The company is trying hard to make this phone a revolutionary one.
10) This phone will also have an Super Fast Modem, the company is planning to come up with an extension which will be a combination of Snapdragon 830 and Samsung Galaxy S8, which will be basically have a built in Snap dragon X16.if the phone has this feature then the user can download a 100 GB file within a time period of 13 minutes, however this download also depends on your internet connection, which should not be a 2g.
11) Samsung is expected to launch this new Smartphone with a USB type –C is a revisable tie and can even stick it upside down, just like the apple’s Macbook.
12) The Samsung galaxy s8 edge will have a camera that will make a person even more photogenic and a selfie junkie! As it will have a camera rear of 28 megapixels and front cam of 8.1 megapixels.
13) The rumors say that the Samsung galaxy S8 edge will have a unique feature and provide complete protection to the phone, providing a rear Corning Gorilla glass 5 protection. To be a one shop stop for all the buyer’s, Samsung is launching the Samsung Galaxy S8 edge, to make it a revolutionary change in the market of smartphones.
Ever since the company has planned the series, it is in the buzz feed of every tech nerd and with already spread rumors it has risen up the expectations of the people, hoping that it will well lift them up all !